Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Why Nikon > Canon?


Nikon vs Canon since decades ago, both are great camera brand. These two companies were the first to make the leap from film to digital, and their initial presence in the market make them the dominant players. They produce great digital camera, DSLR camera and camera lens. Basically, they are the 2 strongest competitor in camera market. But the demand of Nikon's camera are over Canon's, why?

After I done my research, there are few main things that mostly people discussed. First of all is the ISO performance, in this category Nikon do a great job. With high ISO up to 25600, the noise reduction of Nikon's DSLR camera is just too perfect. Canon's can't even compete with Nikon in high ISO noise reduction.

Second is the sharpness. Without any edit, the original photo taken by Nikon is obviously sharper than Canon. But Canon got high in contrast.

After that is the price. I strongly believe that this is the most important element that everyone consider of! Because I'm one of them too :P Ok, generally their price are almost same, just different around 200-400, but Canon is the cheaper one, depends on the body or lens which you choose. So for those who think that price is an issue, go for Canon. For me, I want a better quality instead of cheap in price, that's why I bought a D7000 not 60D.

And then is preference. Yea I'm a Nikon fanboy :) I prefer Nikon. Sorry Canon, but I tried 7D and 60D, I still think that my D7000 is better.

Canon > Nikon in video recording. But hell, who will give a fuck to the video recording? I use DSLR to take picture not video recording, so for me video recording is not a matter.

Lastly, is the review of Nikon and Canon DSLR camera. I'll suggest DigitalRev in YouTube, I like their review so much. I think a review should be do with experiment support, not based on the camera spec. If you compare through the specification, you will not get a best answer.

So my conclusion is, Nikon is better :) Believe it or not, it's up to you. Go to have a try and you will know what am I talking about.

No comments: